Multipak receives BRC/IoP certification and verifies its effectiveness, cleanliness, high and functional technical performance and product quality.
Karl Hernmann Klêgel, Lead Auditor from TÜV NORD CERT, Germany, conducted the BRC/IoP audit at Multipak’s Jeddah-based plant on 20 and 21 September 2011. The 2-day audit covered BRC/IoP Issue 4 requirements, product safety, the quality control process, management systems and HACCP. The auditor acknowledged Multipak’s progress and improvement since the last audit.
Read about Multipak BRC/IoP Certification 2010:
- Preparation and planning section, providing guidance and support for sites new to the certification process
- New requirements for managing print control
- Additional safeguards to reduce the risk of chemical migration from packaging into food products
- Greater emphasis on managing the functional quality of packaging materials to meet customers specifications
- Introduction of “Fundamental” clauses, relating to systems that are crucial to the establishment and operation of an effective packaging manufacturing operation
- Introduction of a grading scheme based on number and severity of non-conformities
- Audit frequencies and processes for corrective action review based on performance
- Reduction to 2 product categories based on the hygiene risk associated with the final use of the packaging materials
Multipak produces ice cream packaging, paper bags, paper sheets, paper cups, and paper tubes. Established in 1997, Multipak supplies flexible paper packaging to ice cream producers, fast food franchises, retail, carpet and textile producers in the Arabian Gulf, Middle East and Africa.
Mohamad Kolailat, Technical & Quality Assurance Manager
Industrial Area Phase #4, Street #405
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
P.O. Box 32826, Jeddah 21438, Saudi Arabia
Tel: +966-2-608-0704 Ext: 6560